Thankfulness

November is a time to practice thankfulness. Ideally I wished I had focus on gratitude year round but it does come to like surrounding the Thanksgiving holiday.
Levi had his third seizure in the middle of the month. He had his first Nov 2019 and then his second this summer, and now his third. It was a little after midnight and I woke up to the lip-smacking sound and his fixed eyes opened starring to his left. We immediately gave the diastat rescue medication. Wes and I didn't call 9-1-1 this time but watch and stopped and went back to sleep. Thanks for those praying and still praying for him and us. I was sad again after this. for a week or so I was living in a crying, despair state and not really interested in much. Thankful the Lord has brought me out of the darkness and allowed me to reflect on His gifts and the goodness not just surrounding Levi but also the quick realization that I am not in control (repetitive lesson). The night after Levi and I went out to eat for dinner together (above). 
The kids and I enjoy the library and I have been encouraged as Levi is learning phonograms and reading Bob Books. Leighton always enjoys cuddling and reading with Sawyer. 


or just cuddling him.....Leighton also really enjoys baking! 

Wes is going through the eldership process at church so we all had to answer some questions for church.... we took some pics too and Wes decided his hairline on the left is better than the right. 


The Fluff nugget didn't participate 
coffee shop with the kids 
and then they made Mema's marshmellow/peanut butter/Ritz cookies 
Thanksgiving feast for Levi's kindergarten class
Then we headed to Maryland to meet the Moore/Austins for a few days and enjoy a delicious meal(s) together :) 
KEVIN!

and relaxing too
and driving home.....
Also in the month of Nov.....random stuff like go-cart riding for me with some ladies from church and Levi and his carpool twin friends, Christian and Gracie
Papa and Grami visit for Sadie's baptism 
PowerPoint Party night for Wes and I at the Kohls; complete with deep dish pizza from Chicago
Very thankful for some sunny and semi-warm Nov days! 
Leighton gave Sadie a sweet notebook/journal for baptism. 
Such a sweet night celebrating Sadie's new life in Christ with her, others and our church family. 
Sadie shared the following before Wes baptized her. 
What Sadie said to church family before her baptism was "For over a year I had been wondering, “how will I know I am ready to be a Christian” as I have been learning about Jesus since I was young at home and at school. I had been trying to “be a Christian” on my own but I kept failing. I was also looking for Him to validate it with some type of sign.   

 

On June 25, 2021 we had just bought donuts and were driving home listening to a song. The lyrics of song said “death was arrested and my life began”. It made me think, I know my life has begun on earth and it can begin in Christ. Ephesians 2 says “I was dead in my sins BUT GOD in love made me alive.”  Jesus died for me and defeated death. I didn't need a sign. I needed a person. I repented of trying to be my own Savior that night with my parents. I told God I wasn't perfect and I was sorry. I asked for forgiveness and God heard and forgave me. Now I want to share the gospel of what God did for us with others."

Taking a walking break outside at work on sunny warm days is my favorite part of the work day! 
reading with my nose picker who always wants to be right next to me :) I know this wont last forever 
Levi at career day for school. He went as the President but also served at secret service with Wes. 
Our church and friends are invested in Fieldstone biblical counseling. I have used them personally. We went to their fundraising with friends which was an encouragement! Matt took this picture while we were waiting... we call it our albums cover. 
Leighton loves her puppy. 
Coworkers Christmas Party bowling night for the Cleveland Clinic Pediatric Pharmacy group. 
And wes and friends (John, Jim and Matt) went to a Cavs game. 
And I am very thankful for library visits and night time reading in the girls room. 

Also our friend Lexi (Mini Trees Band) from Seattle was in Cleveland performing so Wes (and John and Morgan) went to see her show. It was so good to see her and we felt like proud parents. We have contributed nothing to her music but she was in our small group while she was in college and we used to keep OJ in the frig for her :) 
Thankful for movie nights with these two. 
Levi is thankful for his friends and school parties. 
And the girls are thankful to carry on Mema's cookies. Half marshmallow cream and half peanut butter in between two Ritz crackers. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts