Girls Trip Home

There is a lot going on in the world. Covid-19 is still in the news and to vaccinate or not is the topic. Afghanistan is devastating.  My work has been stressful. Not necessarily the work itself or demands from it but just navigating relationships. School started back and so did all the many extra activities, to-do's from everyone and such. It was no particular thing but just commutative that I began thinking it would be nice to just retreat to my parents. I always associate being home with them as place to relax and escaping responsibilities... a safe haven or refuge so to speak where I am cared for, comfortable, safe, and likely spoiled. I also miss my parents. I saw mom recently but I was really missing dad. It was his birthday last Thurs too. So last minute Thursday they graciously bought tickets for us, I asked off work for Monday and they flew myself and the girls down for a long weekend. It is a quick 1 hour flight from Cleveland to Nashville. We left Friday evening and stayed through Monday and made it back by lunch time which was my birthday. I missed Wes and Levi but it was fun to do something with just girls. Also if you know me well, you know this was out of my comfort zone. I have long struggled with fear of panic attacks when I am alone so flying without Wes (first time in 5 years!) and no other adult was a step. I am thankful for God's faithfulness to me and I hope an encouragement to all who have prayed over the years. 
There was a lot of lounging, eating, and just doing the normal things Mom and Dad do on the weekend. 
Leighton did a little baking and cooking for us too. 
Mimi and Big made us a delicious lunch and brought Mema over to house. 
Birthday dinner! #36 and #62
and who knew Hoptown had a free Travis Tritt concert.... the girls were not that into it. 
And the girls wanted to go to Shoneys after church. I didn't really want to go but then was so happy we did as I ran into my high school dance team coach and owner of studio I took classes from for 4 years. I hadn't seen her 10ish years! It was the best surprise! I couldn't stop smiling. I spent so much of my high school years with her :) 
Levi and Wes and a good time doing "boy things". But next time he wants to fly.






 

Comments

Popular Posts