Leighton's 8th Birthday with Friends

Leighton has been battling pneumonia this past week at home. She is slowly doing better each day. We had planned to have a few of her classmates friends over on Sunday to celebrate with her. She didn't have a "theme" she wanted for her party but asked they be able to decorate they own cakes.
So we set up a cake decorating table. I just bake different size cake and made icing for them to use. Leighton went to the store with me and helped pick out candies and sprinkles. I hope she had a sweet time with her two closet friends, Noelle and Leah. Noelle's sister, Alethea, joined as she and Sadie are in kindergarten together. Levi of course enjoyed being included.
bare cake and cupcakes that need decorating! 
I can't believe this sweet girl will be 8. She isn't demanding or easily disappointed or even overly expressive so sometimes it hard to tell if what we give or do for her makes her happy. And I guess she is teaching me to remember that things like birthday parties are fun but not the end all be all. When I look at her, I want to give or the moon. Many times due to her quiet nature, I want to protect her or think she is fragile but maybe she is stronger and more secure than I can imagine. I pray that is true. Happy birthday to a beautiful soul.
                 Happy birthday!

Comments

Popular Posts