The Great American Solar Eclipse 2017

picture from my parents in Hopkinsville KY during totality for 2 min 40 sec 
Today was an exciting day across the country. The total solar eclipse crossed from Oregon to South Carolina. Our family had a blast joining in with spectators in Fremont by the canal. In Seattle we only experienced a partial eclipse. As the moon moved in front of the sun, the atmosphere dimmed. It was as if you were wearing sunglasses when you weren't. It didn't get as a I expected. I thought it would be darker with 92% of the sun covered but nope. The sun is powerful. It was cool to see the sharp shadows, the general day time dimming on a clear blue sky day, and watch the eclipse through our safety glasses. After it passed through Seattle we turned on the news and watched the countdowns and excitement from all the totality cities including the motherland, Hoptown. I think that is what I liked most about the eclipse. I enjoyed the comradely amongst the nation today. Very nice, America. Thank you God for your splendor and vast creations!
Leighton's drew this to explain the eclipse when I  kept asking Wes questions
Sharp shadows and excitement! 
The views at ~40% eclipse without glasses on phone and through glasses
It is hard to tell but this is at 90% eclipse and it is dimmed but still plenty of light
 Leighton was so into it! I hope she remembers this some day or we will have to take her to the next one in 2024 in a city with totality 
Trying to protect Sadie's eyes.....
Levi was not allowed out of the stroller
This has nothing to do with the eclipse but Levi got a haircut today because I was off work! Send me your little guy who needs a trim... I'll only charge you 50% of the going rate ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts