The Graduate and Next Steps

My little lady graduated pre-k last week. She loves school and the little friendships she has made. When I ask her what she wants to be when she grows up she currently says "a teacher".  The kids wore t-shirts for their performance and they had all their friends sign the back of their shirts. 
 The first time I saw  this picture of all 5 of us it was weird. This was the first picture taken of us all together and it was weird to see such a big group that is my family.
 Sadie wanted her picture made too so Leighton held up her sign for her as she danced/posed
 That afternoon  Leighton had her 5 year well visit check up. Im grateful everything checked out okay including her vision and hearing. Leighton enjoyed the visit minus her vaccines. She drew the doctor office layout while she waited.

Next step .... KINDERGARTEN! I want for her to know only love and not hate. I want her to always feel safe and never scared. I want her to be accepted not bullied. I want her to be included, not excluded. I want her to be valued, not violated. I want to be her protector and voice of reason but I can't. As we enter this next stage of elementary school, I will trust that the One who loves her more than me will continue to hold her. I will pray for God to go before her and that the Holy Spirit will turn her little heart to love and worship Him early and forever. 

Comments

Popular Posts