The Waiting Game

I don't know why I am so ready to have this baby. I think my belly makes it hard to sleep now but a newborn is really going to rock my sleep. Or maybe I am anxious as to how the labor will go? Will it be fast like the girls or slow. I also get excited to meet this little baby. Will it be a girl or boy?  I think I have talked about wanting to go into labor so much that the girls are also ready. Sadie said today we need to fill this carseat and yesterday she got practice holding sweet Addie Arther. 
 We have nested so much. Wes sold so much on the app Offer Up from our house to make us feel like we have more than 800 sq st. We downsized our kitchen table to this... inspired by West Elm but a ton cheaper from Amazon. We have used Amazon Prime so much that we caught the girls playing "order online" and the other was the "delivery guy" the other day.
 Baby's "room" is ready and waiting :) Got my bassinet back from the friend who had borrowed it. And our last coffee table broke so we got this little round guy to hold baby #3 toys. It makes me feel like the room is bigger and organized even if it isn't...
The hospital bag and camera has been packed. It gets smaller and smaller with each kid when you realized you don't need much to have a baby. The girls packed those 2 small bags beside mine for their little sister or brother. Sweetness. 
 But if I rush through these last weeks of pregnancy there would be so many things I would have missed like glimpses of Leighton with her nose always stuck in a book.
 Or the endless cuddles that I keep getting. I don't know if they know the baby will change how much time we get to spend together at first but they are all over me.... constantly sitting and snuggling with me in the blue chair when I get home from work. The four of us can barely fit :)
  I also wouldn't have got to babysit my friend's kids and watch how much my kids enjoy having them over....
 Or slipped in a date with this guy....
 or these girls....
 Or just got to witness how much Sadie loves puzzles and hear all she has to say. She is so chatty when we go on walks (or anytime).
 Thankful for last days as a family of 4 before the new bundle joins!

Comments

Popular Posts