New Years

How many people made New Years Resolutions? What is the statistic... they only last like 3 minutes on average or something. Last year I said I was going to go to the gym more regularly. I think I did it till summer hit then we were out and about and I didn't want to go inside to exercise. Now pregnant, I have no energy to do anything (probably because Im not in shape). Cyclic effect! Sad. Oh well... start that back up after #3 is born as a Mid-Year Resolution? Anyways, I was reading the Vos' website  and I liked what she was suggesting everyone do at the start of the new year so I wanted to share.
my study buddy on New Years Day at Cafe Ladro
The Vos referenced Daniel 1:8 and stated that Daniel wanted to make some changes so he "purposed in his heart _____" So we don't really deep down want to give up buying lattes,  eating chocolate, or working out more. We want real change, like in our soul. Real change only happens if there is heart change. Ann Voskamp gives a tool to use to write down some things you want "to purpose" like Daniel. The goal is to leave these visible in the house so that you can pray for them and through them. Because only heart change happens by God.

I think I am going to have our missional community try it on Tuesday before our study session and see what they think. Here is the FREE TOOL if you want to do it too!
Happy New Year!
Casey


Comments

Popular Posts