Welcome to 30 Wes!

Yea… yea… Im the older woman in the relationship. I entered 30 two months ago exactly and now Wes has joined me. We celebrated together in Sept when we went to Portland (HERE). The girls and I still tried to make Wes' day special. We order him #1 Dad mug a while back and I promise Leighton has tried to give it to him 20x in the past weeks. Then we made him cards the night before his birthday and as soon as he walked in the door, Sadie grabs it from her hiding spot and says "I made you a card and we made you a cake". If you have a surprise I recommend you not sharing it with these two! Wes just laughed because it is so fun to watch their excitement that you really don't care what you get or when you get it as a parent.

For dinner, Wes request El Camion. A cheap mexican restaurant that the girls and i really aren't fans of but it was his birthday. He wanted to talk to his friend Matt about something (of course I always want to see Mary Ann too) so we asked the Hudson family to meet us there. They had 3 additional kids with them that night so I brought our homemade cake the  restaurant and 4 adults and 8 kids celebrated Wes! Piper (Mary Ann's daughter) asked me why she had never been invited to Wes' birthday party before...I told her this was his first one in Seattle and we were glad she could make it :)
Our dear friend, Melissa, offered to watched the girls this morning for a little while so Wes and I could go to out to brunch together. I felt like we were back in Portland, stuffing our faces again. Thanks Melissa!
Wes you are loved. We are grateful for you everyday. Thanks for all the support and being a servant leader. Welcome to 30!

Comments

Popular Posts