Just Run the Ball


It's actually painful to type about, and I don't want to keep rehashing how Russell Wilson threw the ball that was intercepted and lost the Super Bowl when it seemed to be in their hands. I'm Sick, just sick about it. Ive only lived here for 3 years but with my competitive spirit and love for sports it didn't take me long to get invested in this team and game. I was sick about the play. I didn't cry like some friends have claimed, but it was a tough loss. And then…. perspective, Casey, perspective.

I will, however, give our skittle purchase and painted nails credit for Kearse's catch off his leg at the end of the game.
 And Sadie's smile had to cause at least one first down.

It is a sport and just a game. One of the reason I like the team is because of Russell Wilson. This was his quote after the loss, "Thank You God for the opportunity. We'll be back... I will never waiver on who He has called me to be… "

Its perspective. What matters in this life? Sports are fun but insignificant. I thought I should go to my thankful journal and write down some of God's graces. I added community to the list. Ive said it before and I hope to continue beating the dead horse, but we are so thankful for the community of friends we have in Seattle. Being away from parents and siblings is hard. We missed them. But I appreciate God providing people to do life with here in Seattle. Here are just a few pictures I have of some of them … probably my favorite thing is how they love on the kids by teaching them about God or just giving them attention and joining them in their make-believe pretend world….
Sadie and her boys. She is one of few girls between 18months and 2 and 1/2 years at church. In fact the two boys her age are missing in this photo. But anyways there are Sadie's friends Ethan, Eli, Jack and Daniel. They told me she thought it was funny to sit in the cubbies at church and by the end of class they all were! 
The kids of our missional community group…(and Ezekiel -not pictured) 

And my #1 supporter and human rock… Wesley. 
Count His Gifts. Some study Ann Voskamp quoted said you are 25% happier if you count gifts daily. Acknowledging the joy and graces God gives you can not hurt, right? #preachingtomyself

Comments

Popular Posts