Reading our way into the New Year

We were a rowdy bunch this year. The last day of 2014 started off with donuts from Top Pots.
 Then the lovely family came and shared dinner with me again as I worked New Years Eve night.
My 3 favorite faces. 
 Some books we are reading that you might enjoy in the New Year…. 

1. Atlas Girl- Im loving this book right now. Not sure if it is because it is passing my time on the elliptical at the gym or if it is because the memoir is just real. Its cool that all proceeds from the book support her non-profit LuLu Tree (helping mothers stay with their babies) 

2. Praying for Your Husband from Head to Toe- I started this because I realized the person who rarely ask for me to pray for him but the person I see the most is the one I pray for the least…. ironically he is the person I should be praying for all the time. 
3. R.C. Sproul's Kids Books- after finding his website I see that there is an entire set and they have the CD/book on tape which would be great because these books are long. Leighton will sit through them but Sadie will not. It is probably over her 3 year old head but the message is good and hopefully it is sinking in. (best for 5+ age) Good theology for little ones (and for me too!)
4. Love and Respect in the Family- when we were engaged we read Love and Respect for couples which was about the husband needing respect and the wife needing love. This book says: children need the love that God tells us to give them (Titus 2:4). And parents desire the respect that Scripture plainly says is our due (Exodus 20:12). 

Okay those are what are open on our table right now. Have a good New Year! Book suggestions are welcome!






Comments

Popular Posts