Christmas Day: Work Hard Play Hard

I realized I forgot to post on Christmas Day. I worked and then we headed over to friends house. Several families that also didn't have family in town or were not traveling got together for an earlier potluck dinner at the Park's House. I think between 6 families there was 17 kids and 2 on the way. Big group! Sadia and her family came too. The highlight of my night at the party was telling Sadia about the money that had been raised. She cried. I had been nervous to tell her… I did not want to make her feel like a project… how do I make sure God gets the glory and not us….but she was appreciative and all the rest fell into place. But I cried as we left that night because I learned that they were back sleeping in their van again. Thankfully, the news gave Sadia the hope I didn't have as she went out and found an apartment the next day. We went with her the following day and helped with the paperwork. Thank you Lord for making all that happen.
Leighton looks good in my work badge. 
Wes and girls made a breakfast casserole and brought it to the hospital for us to share.  Happy.
 So happy for this community here in Seattle when we are far from family. 
 No picture of the girls on Christmas Day… sometimes somebody just isn't having it.
Anyways, continue to pray for our relationship with Sadia's family. I have mixed emotions when I pick up the eldest of Sadia's kids to get her to school so Sadia won't be late for work and she ask me when she can come back to our house and play, or when Mr Wes is going to visit her at school, or when we are going to deliver the mattresses so they don't have to "camp" anymore in their apartment. I like that she is happy to have visitors and enjoys coming over but I want to be respectful of her mom. I want her to look at her mom with the same excitement, not me, the stranger. As a mom, I want this little 7 year year old to know that it was her mom who had the strength to provide for her needs day after day, to put her before her own. I ultimately want her to look at God, not me or Wes, as the provider.
Please pray with me for all of our lives: 2 Corinthians 9:13 "By their approval of this service, they[a] will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others"

Comments

Popular Posts