Its Halloween so STOP, DROP & ROLL!

At first the request by Leighton was to be a tornado for Halloween. I googled how to make that happen but it seemed too complicated for me. Then fortunately (unfortunately) there was a fire in Fremont  (our neighborhood) at a local business. Wes took the girls down to see the action and she fell in love with the firefighters. Leighton's request then changed to " I want to be firefighter for Halloween". I jumped on this idea because I immediately thought that Sadie could be a dalmatian, which would solve me having to come up with something that went along with a tornado!
I think because she dresses up in gowns daily that it didn't cross her mind to be a princess like Elsa or Merida for Halloween. Her school had a Halloween party though earlier in the week and the kids were allowed to dress up. I suggested it would be a good time to wear her Elsa outfit and save her firefighter for Halloween. She is easily swayed and easy to get pumped up so Elsa was the choice for school.
Elsa let Sadie try on her costume too which of course Sadie loved.
And Leighton helped me make Sadie's costume (aka paint black spots on her old white tee and pants)
For the weeks leading up to Halloween we got into the firefighter theme… got some books from the library about fire drills and fire houses and firefighters. We made a fire truck out of our Ivar's fish box which was fun! It was her idea but I think I got more excited about it.
On Halloween,we went by the nursing home to see Ms Ann (PS we just found out she is moving, which is sad) as they were having a Halloween party.
Then we did the usual (or our usual which is trick or treat around the Fremont businesses) and Sadie quickly caught onto the game. I just hope when we go into Starbucks tomorrow she doesn't just grab a snack and put in her bag. As they were running down the sidewalk… we had a dalmatian down … but only for a minute!
Don't worry the tattoo shop was handing out candy and no children were permanently inked. 
I was also more excited than Sadie about the doggy bone sippy cup I found. 
Lastly, Leighton's school hosted a Fall Festival. We stopped by briefly and let her play a few games.
SO many pictures I know! Happy Halloween from the Fire Department! 

Comments

Popular Posts