Sleepless Nights and Family

The nights and days are still broken up with bits of sleep in between feedings, pumping, and just life for me. I try to keep remembering that she is just 2 and 1/2 weeks old and things will change but sometimes it is hard to pull it together when you are dead tired. I should sleep when the both kids are napping but it always seems like those 2 hours during the day get filled with other things like a shower, laundry, etc.

We have had visitors the past 3 weeks who have played with Leighton or helped out around the house/meals which has been nice.  We will see how well the four of us can get into a routine over the next couple weeks. As of right now it takes us like an hour to get out of the house and that is after everyone is showered/dressed. Example... when all us went to L's gymnastic class last monday.
about to do forward roll on wedge  
balance beam
The week Sadie was born Mom and Dad were around playing with Leighton mostly and Dad was here leading a mission team to help Hallows from his church in KY for a few days.
Sadie week 1 
Grami time! Thanks for all you do! 
 Then Wes' family came this past week and they had a good time. I wasnt much fun as I spent majority of the time at home with Sadie (feeding and sleeping) but I enjoyed watching them have fun with Wes and Leighton and vise versa as I know Wes and L were happy to spend QT with them. Sadie and Big Daddy week 2 of life....


Wes and his dad spent a day in the Olympic Mountains (below at Hurricane Ridge) 
They also all went to the Museum of Flight. I heard it was cool so hopefully Sadie and I can make it soon. Leighton loved getting in all the airplanes and also almost went potty on the astronaut toilet (Pics provided by Katie) 
 Since the eight of us are not usually in the same place at the same time, we took a family photo in the courtyard. We took one with Kodak (Marc and Katie's dog) and one with out him...
Thanks for coming to see us and the new addition! 
Speaking of new additions... my future niece or nephew will arrive in about 3 weeks! Cant wait! dont they look great? Missing them and my friends who live far away. I have had too much time to think at home over the last couple of weeks and I cant wait to see some of you in Sept! 
Back to reality...to see if the four of us can survive alone.
One and only picture of the four of us showered/dressed and the other of the girls matching in green....
 And then the REAL life picture.... how we look and feel in the mornings and Leighton "trotting the horsey on the swifter!
 Lastly follow my friend Anna as she just left for Zambia for two years! She says she will start blogging soon! Her blog: a lot of miles





Comments

Popular Posts