Welcome Home Sadie Evelyn

As you probably know Miss Sadie made her debut last week on Wednesday July 17th at 3:36 am. She is absolutely precious and perfect (as any parent thinks of their new child, right?) We are all doing well so thank you for the prayers and congrats over the past week. We deeply appreciate it. Here is a little bit about the new addition...

Weight: 7 lbs 4 oz
Height: 19 inches (although 2 days later at doctor check up they measured 20 inches so unless she is growing at a rate of an inch/48 hours then I guess it is all dependent on the measurer)
Hair: about an inch of black/dark brown
Eyes: the standard newborn dark blue/gray color which will change soon
Who does she look like: Wes and I have deja vu that she is Leighton when we look at her; so right now I'd have to say the answer is Big Sister
Her name: Sadie (was not on our list till about 2 weeks ago but we liked it; happens to mean princess) and Evelyn (Wes' grandmother's name)

She started feeding well from the get -go and sleeps well when you hold her. She doesnt seem to want to be swaddled like we did with Leighton but that could change. Getting her to sleep on her back is not easy but we continue to try as my 45 min naps throughout the day are not as fun as sleeping in a bed at night but I know things will change. That is the beauty of this not being our first rodeo. I can already tell that I am more lax about worrying if we are doing things right and if it will mess her up later... I think the answer is she will be fine and time will pass.  Most importantly you cant spoil an infant so I will hold her as much as I want :) Holding as I type now while watching the Late Show....
It took L one day of seeing me nurse to learn that she had
 not been holding her baby bottle in the right spot
L and Wes showing off their "ITS A GIRL" buttons
crashed 
first Doc appt on Day 2 of life (part of their procedure to primarily check for
jaundice since we left hospital after just one day) 
Before L's gymnastic class they gave Papa some loving
How is Leighton adjusting has been a common question. The answer is a little skewed right now as my parents are in town so she has had one-on-one or two-on-one attention. But overall she was very sweet, shy, and excited when she met her in the hospital. She continues to play and do her own thing for the most part but will randomly want to see what Sadie is doing, peep in on a diaper change, touch her feet, kiss her head, or come up to Sadie to say hi. When Leighton held her for the first time I dont think she was expecting her to move and it made her smile. She doesnt ask to hold her yet but since I am the one mostly holding Sadie due to feeding, Leighton has periodically asked me to hold her and cuddle more often than usual. I can tell she does miss my attention which makes me sad and guilty. I also miss giving Leighton the attention I did before. I was so used to being involved in all her daily activities and playing. I know we are just on week 1 (and the moms of 2 + kids are just laughing at me as I am sure it just gets more complicated and you become even more stretched with 3 kids) so I am sure we figure out our family routine. Sadie will become more and more independent (too fast Im sure) that all this will seem like a blur or insignificant 6-8 months from now. So thankful my parents have been here and Wes' are coming soon. I couldnt have made it without them. It has been nice to be able to focus on taking care of a newborn and have Mom and Dad tend to Leighton, cook, clean, laundry, etc (Wes helps too but he has been freed up to do his work with Sports Camps, Block Party, and the two mission teams here).
Leighton' s first reaction to her coming home
First holding experience


Comments

  1. Anonymous7/24/2013

    Congratulations to y'all! So happy to see and read about everything.. Sweet sweet name! Enjoy your precious family. I look forward to reading more about the 2 girls..we'll be there soon (6 weeks or less) :)
    - the Watson fam
    (Brittany)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! I was thinking about yall a week or so ago and wondering when your little one was going to be born! Another girl? Name? Hope yall are doing well :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts