Dirty Dash

Have you ever said to yourself, “Marathons are too easy, and Triathlons are for sissies?”We haven’t either…those races are really hard. Think about it…the first person to run a marathon actually died.  HE DIED!...and he probably didn’t even have fun along the way!Well, welcome to a new kind of race: THE DIRTY DASH.  This race that puts all other races to shame.  The Dirty Dash is a mud run obstacle course where a military boot camp meets your inner five-year-old’s fantasy and subsequently converts boy to man and then man to swine. 
Well Wes and I read the paragraph above on the Dirty Dash website and thought "thats us!"  So we signed up along with two other friends, Brain and Melissa. We officially completed our first race even if true runners would not call it a race. I thought it was a lot of fun, dirty but fun! 
our brief moment of cleanliness 


since our time didnt matter we could stop for a photo




may or may not have gotten stuck on the wall, twice


Dirty Dash 3 miles complete! 
I would encourage anyone to do this. Make sure you ask friends to do it with you! And remember no training is necessary. There is no winner and no time clock. My training was zero unless you count walking to parks, around the zoo or chasing Leighton. I dont have a picture of my favorite part but that was the water slip and slide. I could have just kept doing that over and over again. It was a bigger scale or adult size version of the slip and slide I grew up doing in my yard as a 3 year old.

 Katie and Marc drove over to support us. Just like we supported them for their Iron Man. Pretty much the same thing right? :) Thanks for coming guys and spending the weekend with us. We enjoyed the company. Also thanks to Alice for keeping Leighton and Katie and Anna for supporting/ throwing water balloons at us.
they didnt want to get too close, we smelled. 

Comments

  1. ML is doing something like that this fall... Warrior Dash. People dress up, mostly in Viking attire and then run the obstacle race through the mud. Noah and I will be watching from the "clean and dry" side lines.
    Have y'all heard of the Color Runs? You run the race and get sprayed with paint at different points. By the time you are finished your whole body is covered in paint. They are becoming really popular and one is coming to B'ham this fall but I think I might wait until next year on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't but that sounds fun. Tell ML good luck and you should join him next time!,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts