Explore WA: Mt Rainier

This past week Wes, Leighton, and I had the pleasure of hosting Michael (my brother), Katie (Michael's girlfriend) and Luanne (our Brazilian "sister"/exchange student living with my parents) for a week.  I had to work several days last week and Wes had Leighton so the three of them were forced to sight-see alone some but they maneuvered around town well. We were able to spend the weekend together south of Seattle at Mt. Rainier National Park. Mt Rainier is an active volcano that stands over 14000 feet high. There are mountains around it but it basically stands alone, meaning you can stand by the river and look up at this humongous creation. I was impressed. Our pictures will not do it justice but we'll give it a shot....

spent Friday night on Bainbridge Island getting dinner and enjoying the view of the city from a ferry 

and the little girl was full of laughs 
Michael, Luanne, Wes, Leighton, myself and Katie on the drive to Paradise Visitor Center
we were as far up as you could drive on the south side of Mt Rainier 
My brother and I before our hike to Crater Falls
Luanne holding up God's creation. Simply one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Pictures do not do it justice. 
clear, icy cold glacier water! 
grilling out for dinner
the cabin we stayed at... it was sort of sketchy/scary
a little hike to Myrtle Falls
Luanne, Katie, and Michael 
waterfall, mountain, meadows, evergreens, and my two loves. picturesque. 
the little couple 
hiking
I dont know how many more pretty pictures I am going to have to put on this blog to get more visitors and/or permanent residents in the Seattle area. Please consider the beauty you could be apart of :)  #makeithappen


Comments

Popular Posts