Welcome to our Hood

Our neighborhood has an urban feel. Actually it is probably to hip for Wes, Leighton and I. But nonetheless it is our hood. From our house there are a ton of local shops, restaurants and coffee shops! This city runs on caffeine. When we were out walking, I played tourist and took some pictures. Hopefully this will give you a better feel for where we live..
Electric car chargers at the grocery (Fred Meyer)... seems like we go here daily. Only supermarket/chain store in the area so its always crowded : ( 
    Statue of Lenin....which is totally normal right? Of course there is nothing wrong with a statue of a communist leader in the center of the neighborhood...
    Wes and Leighton go to Cafe Ladro for field trips while I am at work I think. It is a coffee place at the end of our street. 
     Walking toward Fremont Ave where 3 planets hang....Fremont is also known as the "The Center of the Universe
     Shops and restaurants.... we have supported all the local businesses in the neighborhood for Christmas this year. It is kind of cool that there are no chain clothing stores in our neighborhood but rather all local boutiques and a lot of the products are locally made as well. 
    Like I said, there are several cute shops and there are also a lot of eclectic shops in the neighborhood too. You can usually find something for anyone. I am pretty sure marijuana is loosely illegal here so I guess it is a good idea to get a journal to write your good ideas on paper that you come up with while high?!?!?
     The Hallows church is renting out space at Fremont Baptist on Sunday nights. 
    Yes there is a chocolate factory, Theo's, at the end of our street. Dangerous, I know.  They have free samples daily. The smells of chocolate being made do help mask the exhaust smells from cars/buses.
    Wes thinks it is cool that Dave Matthews works out in our neighborhood at Sound, Mind and Body. I foretell a gym membership purchase in his future.
    There is a long bike/walking/running trail called the Burke-Gilman that separates our neighborhood from the canal. On a sunny day we were out walking on it and took some pictures. Pretty views for us to enjoy while we stroll : )  
    Also while we were walking we passed Google's offices, we wanted so badly to hang out in the lunch room/break area. I dont know how they get work done because I could see pinball machines, ping pong tables, video games, etc through the window! 
    Target is not in our neighborhood but I thought this was fun...it has an escalator for shopping carts since the store is two stories high. 
    So come visit us!!!

Comments

  1. I've totally been to that statue of Lenin and thought the same thing! But I do love that neighborhood - went shopping there once with my friend when I visited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tour! :) Love that Target escalator--that is too cool! Thanks so much for the visit today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts