Leigton's Current Top 5

Now that Leighton has aged... her favorite things list has slightly changed. In no particular order:

1.  JJ Cole Collection BundleMe: It keeps her warm and cozy when we take her out in her carseat and/or stroller! She stays warm in it without a coat. This is great since coats can be bulky and awkward when trying to snap her into the car seat.

2.  Hats: Well maybe Grami and I really like to put her in hats. Hats are a great alternative to bows and headbands during the colder weather. They keep her head and little ears warm while also looking cute. Win win.  Here she is modeling a few new ones ...




3. Carrots > Squash > Sweet Potatoes: (I actually prefer my food order to be sweet potatoes > squash > carrots so she did not get the orange veggie preference from Mommy).  She is eating more and more each day. I am excited to introduce her to some other foods soon! Downside to eating solids... the poop just got nastier! Breastfed diapers are not bad compared to solid food diapers! Yuck!

4.  Andrew Peterson:  As I mentioned in Six Months = Sweet PotatoesSlugs and Bugs is worth it. Parental sanity is higher when you can tolerate and actually enjoy singing the same songs over and over again. Also some of the songs sing about Jesus!

5.  Anything she can chew on... Sophie, teething rings, books, etc. I guess we will be seeing a tooth in the near future!









Something I hope will be on her list when she is about 6-7 years old is "going to the theater with Mommy".  My mom and I went and saw Cinderella at the 5th Avenue Theater while she was in town. The show was cute and entertaining. There were little girls running around everywhere dressed in their fanciest dresses. It will be fun to take Leighton someday. But in the meantime I got to be the daughter and go with my mom. It had been to long since Mom and I had done something together, just the two of us. It was nice. 



Comments

Popular Posts