The Greenhouse Effect

Unlike the rest of our family who has been experiencing an arctic blast, Seattle has been springy. Note I have seen my mom and my father-n-law both do snow angels via video in the last 24 hours. The snow is getting to their heads :) 
Our courtyard tree is blooming! 
 Since it has been so nice  it is hard to go to work. Lets be honest,  I don’t like working evenings at the hospital anyways and I sure  don’t like working when the weather is nice. I guess I should take a sabbatical from now through Sept? Not a possibility so I will rejoice that I did get to work evenings this week so I could partake in another free first Thursday adventure with friends. This time, instead of one of the museums, we went to Volunteer Park Conservatory
The kids enjoyed being around each other but only lasted in the greenhouse about 25 minutes. I did let them touch a few plants but I had to remind the girls to not pick the flowers. They have nearly picked our street clean. I thought it was pretty, warm, sunny and a pleasant escape. That's the greenhouse effect right? I also thought it would be fun to wear my only leaf-patterned shirt. Leighton didn’t find it as amusing when I stood in front of a plant and asked “Where’s Mommy?” … maybe in a few years she will get my humor.
 We spent the remainder of our time at the park next door and at the duck ponds. Leighton enjoyed flying around on her balance bike with Norah. Sadie liked swinging and they both liked snacks. Enjoyed watching them with friends and enjoyed getting to talk to my friends on a pretty day.


Tomorrow is friday! 

Comments

Popular Posts