Explore Seattle: SAM and New Baby

Today was filled with emotion. First we went to visit Sadia and her new baby girl, Sophia. That baby is precious. She is beyond sweet, new and beautiful. Every baby is a miracle! I enjoyed visiting Sadia and seeing the baby. Yes I took her a few items I remember sending Wes to get at the store after I had the girls, but me dropping off some snacks, nursing bras, postpartum after care items, and a little baby outfit are nothing in comparison to what Sadia really desires. She expressed how she wishes she just had family or someone to hold her and tell her "its going to be alright".  Someone other than me (I didn't take offense) that she could have asked to get those items for her instead.
The desire to have someone to parent with and enjoy the kids with, instead of being alone, is real. Please join me in praying for her during this emotional, hormonal, exciting, and exhausting time. Prayers for the other kids adjusting, prayers for strength, prayers against the enemy's attacks of being inadequate because she is a single mom, prayers for sleep, prayers for health and safety, prayers for her to know God, prayers to know God as her comforter, Savior, rock, healer, friend, provider and so on. Thank you for serving her and her family with us whether it has been through financial support, prayers, gifts, meals, etc. You are showing our family support and encouraging us to continue to participate in God's graces and love.
Second on the agenda was meeting some friends at the Seattle Art Museum downtown with the girls. It is a different museum than the Asian Art Museum from last month. I have never been before but it is free the first Thurs of the month so why not take a 1 and 3 year old to look at paintings, sculptures and other breakable items. We did actually enjoy it. I enjoyed hanging out with my friends and the kids did enjoy the child-play area and snacks. Leighton enjoyed looking at the old jewelry displays. Sadie enjoyed trying to buckle the seat belt in Melissa's stroller. It can't hurt to expose their little minds to some culture, right? Free day well spent. A nice light-hearted (only semi stressful environment controlling toddlers in a museum and looking up once to find Sadie not with me but instead holding hands with my friend's kid as they are walking into the next room. They are a nice family to join, Sadie, but you scared me.)



And lastly my emotions dipped into a sad place as I began reading "Half the Sky". I can already tell it will be one I will recommend. I just don't know what to do with the emotions I feel. It kills me to read, hear or see the reality of what is happening in our country and all over the world involving oppression of women, sex slaves, child labor slaves, and on. I just don't know what to do with it. I swing between how dark and depressing it is and knowing sin will always fill the world until Jesus returns. Just like the other night after the "A Path Appears" documentary (that I cried all the way through) Wes reminded me of Matt 26:11 how Jesus says we will always have the poor. So do we not do anything? (rhetorical question, i know the right answer but its hard to process it all) I don't want to put it out of sight/ out of mind. If someone knows how to sort through these feelings and what my solution is then please share. You can pray for me to know how to help care for the oppressed/orphans in my life/ our families' life. I want to know. I want to do it. There are so many needs that I actually get anxious and overwhelmed thinking about how to help them. The burden is real, it is heavy. Pray that I remember that Jesus said give Him our burdens for He cares. I am not the provider or the sustainer of this world but I do want to be apart of His plan for redemption. I want y'all to hurt too so we can talk about it, so read "Half the Sky" and watch the documentaries :) Im going to pray that your heart will break, sorry Im not sorry.


Comments

Popular Posts