12 Days of Christmas

 

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me.....

1.  sweet kiddos who create and bake
2.    Levi being a good patient 
Mrs. Pat from church sewed us this thoughtful blanket and keeps the kids periodically for us! 

Levi had an inpatient EEG monitoring overnight which showed less activity as he is responding to the oral steroid burst he started so we will continue to monitor, wean down, get input from school/teachers, and repeat EEG when he is on a lower dose outpatient. As always pray with me he outgrows his epilepsy as soon as possible! The continued spiking activity shown on the EEG (even without clinical seizures) can be impacting his brain/learning. I am so thankful that he is a wonderful patient. We spoiled him and the hospital spoiled with dog visits and activities but he doesn't complain at all about the test or his meds, ever. Such a blessing! Mom and Dad stayed with girls while we were at hospital and even Mary Pat, my sweet coworker, gave him Mario Uno Cards! 






3. School and church teachers and friends who invest in the kids 


Church Christmas song preformance
Leighton upper school choir concert. She is a good participator. 
Cookie exchange party at the Ryans.

4/. Our seat being covered for the Browns game (it surprised us when we got there!)


5. Per usual, coffee dates with a kid one-on-one. They all fight over who gets to go and always want it to be just them. The girls say Levi gets to go the most.... I snuck in a one-on-one coffee date with mom 
sometimes we all go
6. Generous parents who like to be with the kids. Mom took the girls to a play downtown 

7. Very close ice skating rink for winter indoor fun. The Rocky River rec dept has open skate close to our house on Friday nights and Saturdays that the kids have enjoyed! 


Crocker park also has an outdoor rink they enjoyed. 
and we supported John at his alumni hockey fan. note how into Leighton is...

8. I hesitate to say I am thankful for getting to watch the girls play basketball. I never played on a team but it is my favorite sport to watch due to my Dad's commentary teaching me the game while we watched the Bulls and UK play when I was young. Unfortunately, that makes me passionate about it. And middle school girls basketball is like WWF raw. The refs barely call fouls. Its hard for me sometimes and definitely exposes my anger sins. 




9. Holiday cheer! 




they are old enough to make their own cookies and icing when I am out .... wonder who cleaned up

The Missi family (from church with 3 younger daughters) invited us over for cookie baking and decorating 


10. Levi sleeping. Its still sweet. Stop getting older!!!!


He likes a bedtime routine of we read/practice math, color/draw, then listen to my book on tape while he falls asleep and I tickle his back. 

11. Wathcing Leighton get excited about going to an actual hair salon for a haircut. 

12. PowerPoint Parties. Leighton did her own on scurvy prevention.



Bonus: I love how Wes loves his new truck

Happy Holidays from our only outdoor decor this year :) 

Oh and they learned solitaire and are still doing water color painting with me! 



I gave friends watercolor supplies in hopes they too would join in the fun












Comments

Popular Posts