Bros Weekend and Girls Getaway

 

The girls and I escaped to my parents for the weekend while the boys stayed in Cleveland for what they called "Epic Bro's Weekend." Wes said it was a "yes" weekend for Levi and they went to the air show, rock climbed, hiked, watched movies, ate pizza, skipped rocks, and played ball. 


a friend sent me this of them at church 

When I go to my parents, it is a little retreat. Its not just because the spoil us but more so because it a getaway... out of my normal responsibilities and at the same time no pressure to go or do anything since not in a new location. However this time they did put me to work... I was hauling furniture and mantels for their new porch. Ha! 


This weekend was also the last Hoptown /County football game for the town's rival teams. They are merging the two high schools soon. 

When Grami and Papa were mantel shopping at the Amish farm, the girls played with korgi puppies. None came home with us despite the begging. 

We took an historical tour to Jefferson Davis Monument. He was the president of the confederate army during the Civil War. Even if politically for the war he was on the wrong side, he did a lot of other good things I learned. 
We spent a lot of the weekend watching the US Open. 
And on Saturday night, my highschool had our 20 year reunion! How has 20 years gone by! It was like stepping back in time with these people. So much of life has happened to each of us in the last 20 years but when I was with them I could only see them as their high school versions. 
Margo Milligan and I 
Jared Shelton, Sarah King and Tanner Parrent and I 

Margo and Sarah were two of my closest friends. Jennifer, Margaret and Lauren didnt come who were also in our friend group! 
Somehow we squeezed in a Lake day with Michael and his family. They were at their lake house so we drove up for the day and that was really fun for the girls! 


Comments

Popular Posts