January should be a Season

January is long enough to be its on season I think. It was nice to kick it off with a get together for ladies at church. We each were assigned a prayer partner for the year which is very encouraging to know someone is praying for you! 
Devon also had a wart enter her life in Jan which she then brought our friend group into.  I was fortunate enough to get to do minor surgery on her. I might have enjoyed it more than I should have. 
We also did a huge clean out. Wes headed to FL for a work conference and I wanted to control the things I could since staying home without Wes felt out of control to me. While Wes was out of town I was thankful to have two friends who live in neighborhood have dinner with us and help me when needed, Mary Grace and Rachel. They happen to be pediatric nurses too! 

 


Due to the weather, we did a lot of indoor activities to stay warm and play dates with friends. I also personally enjoy one-on-one coffee dates with a child. 

 Leighton and Levi also had basketball and Sadie continued indoor soccer. Wes was the assistant coach for Leighton's team. 

Most games Levi wore a head band to mimic Oscar Tshiebwe 

Leighton and her friend, Ella, made the warmup jackets for the WCA 5th/6th grade basketball team. 
Leighton also made a t-shirt of a little girl at church, Mary, using her buisness order form. 
Levi's class had "dress up like Mr. Whiteman day" as he is our current Headmaster who is retiring. 

Jan still included colds and a few urgent care visit to ensure not ear infections or strep. 

We did get some snow in Jan even though we had a mild winter! 

Dad and Mom spent the month in Brazil. I liked this picture of Dad and wanted to remember how passionate he is about sharing the gospel with unbelievers. 
A few school pictures from the kids classes...

Wes and I even got in day date to have meixcan at Barrio and Good Kind coffee thanks to Mary Grace and Rachel. The med safety team also got brunch to celebrate book club. I didnt actually read the book they did but attended for the company and food!  I also got addicted to Leighton's Mario game she got for Christmas. It then broke and though sad at first I knew it was for the best. 




Lastly, a friend at church snapped this picture of us and I appreciate it so much. It will be nice to remember how we all sat cuddle up at church together and how each week Levi finds his way into my lap. 








 

Comments

Popular Posts