Father (Grandfather)/Daughter Dance

The kids school/PTF hosted a father/daughter dance. We had joked the week before that one of them needed to ask another guy from church because Wes was only one man with two daughters but neither was willing. Then my parents decided to come up last minute because the kids had a 4 day weekend. When Leighton learned this she said "I can ask Papa to go" which was super sweet. I didn’t even think of it! I knew they would get to see Levi play a basketball game and Sadie at soccer clinic but the dance was a bonus. Leighton was interested in clothes she was going to wear, how her hair was fixed, jewelry and especially the SHOES! Sadie said she had the most fun dancing with Wes, taking pictures, eating ice cream from the bar (x2) and decorating the picture frames with friends. I heard that she even did the "worm" dance and the lift from Dirty Dancing. Last night Levi and I were talking before bed (he likes for me to ask him questions about school and he ask me questions about work) and he said that if there is a Mother/Son dance he will drive his jeep there but I would have to walk because I won't fit. Thanks, son.


Leighton had me try different hair styles with the clip she picked out! 
Levi had to have his picture made! He was coming off a basketball game where he is enjoying it thoroughly. 


Leighton and two of her other classmates/friends, Maddie, Joslyn, Ella and Maggie. 
Sadie and her close friend/classmate, Vivian, and then a picture with other 3rd graders. 
We enjoyed the rest of the weekend with Grami and Papa with lots of eating out, per usual at the request of Papa.  And some shopping with Grami. I am thankful the giant elephant didn't make it home :) Papa also worked in a little open gym time and one on one time with Levi on the court. 

Dad and I took Sadie to her soccer clinic at Force Sports. She told us "all the greats have signature moves" and the proceeded to show us hers on teh field. Sadie is something else, including confident at the moment. She said she is going to commit her time to soccer in the near future. I appreciate her determination and desire to condition. 





Comments

Popular Posts