Someone is 10 months!

I really don't like hearing it, but it is true. Levi is 10 months old. People kept rounding him up all this month to "almost 10 months" and I was like "no he is 9 months old. We will say 10 months when he is 10 months." The time has arrived. It is just that every first with him is my last. Though it is exciting, it is hard at the same time.

So I also said "I am not living in this apartment long enough to see that crib go back up after Levi is born." Well ... shouldn't have said that. Crib is up. Levi doesn't know how to sleep in it. We don't like to hear him cry so he has napped in there some but still sleeps in between us at night. The merlin sleep suit is getting so tight but he loves it and loves being on our bed. It is hard to mess up a good thing when he sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG, am I right? But since he can roll over and sit up while in merlin sleep suit we can't leave him unattended on our bed at nap time.... hence crib (or I have just got in some good snuggles lately holding him). Maybe after our trip to KY/TN we will try again :)

 When we were leaving the hospital in May after Levi's stroke, we got a ton of information. One of the things they shared was that due to his bleed, Levi qualified for the birth-to-three program. It is a free state program for any baby/young child to receive extra support to enhance development. Of course when we met with the Occupational Therapist the first time and they told us this I cried. I cried not because I was unappreciated of the program but because I was hearing "your 3 month old baby is delayed, cognitive and motor skills are lacking" Really they were saying Levi is at risk for motor skills since the bleed caused damaged in his basal ganglia which controls motor function (which I was aware)  AND due to the trauma of the event we are unsure what else to expect....

Well here we are 7 months later and I love his occupational therapist, Christy. She is so sweet and seems to really care for Levi. She has come to our home a handful of times and gave us tips (especially at the beginning on how to increase neck strength). It has been nice having another set of eyes on Levi besides Wes and I to catch any deficits. We are praising the Lord that he is developing  on track so far. He crawls, pulls up to stand, starting to cruise, claps, waves, mimics us, engages, babbles, and again is so much fun. The hard part with having a baby experience a trauma at 1 month of age is you can't really test them, you just have to have patience as they grow. So like I said before I rejoice over every milestone but at the same time I don't want him to grow up to fast! I think all of this (plus being the 3rd kid ) has made me truly enjoy the last 10 months so much! Let me clarify, I struggle with anxiety and Levi's health sometimes but I am more easy going and care free with him in all other areas compared to the girls. It has allow me to really enjoy this infant stage. All that to say, below is a picture of his first day at "school". Instead of coming to the house now, Christy and another lady, Carolyn lead an infant class at the Early Intervention School. Levi enjoyed playing and interacting with the other kids. It was very cute. Leighton even packed Levi a backpack for school with his favorite toys, a diaper, and wipes and put it on him when I wasn't looking. They are the sweetest.
 The little man points where he wants to go or what he wants to touch. It is precious.
 He also enjoyed his first swing experience this month. It is still cold out but we will back to the playgrounds soon!

 Levi is content strolling or napping in the Solly Wrap or Ergo. And he is our most snuggly baby yet. You know the kind that just puts their head on your shoulder when they are tired?
 Levi explores all over our 800 sq ft. He will be in kitchen one minute then hear the girls in their room and head down the hall.
 Our missional community had 5 babies this summer as  you might remember, one from every family. Picture below in birth order (Levi, Margaret, Emory, Jackson and James)
 Levi also got his first hair cut this month. He needed it but didn't like it. We stopped short and they stylist just charged me $8 for a half cut. It still needs cutting ....
 You're the best!




Comments

Popular Posts