Happy New Year

2016 was heavy for many reasons. At the beginning of the year I was pregnant and uncomfortable. Then Levi was born and I was in love. A boy! So surprised. Then he was hospitalized. The hardest thing thus far in my life. I remember praying in the hospital at the beginning for the Lord to not let me be angry and bitter. I remember asking for an increase in faith and that I would keep turning to him. (in addition to many prayers for healing). I read Hope Heals in the hospital those 3 weeks and I so desperately wanted to agree with their words that "whatever is true in the light is also true in the dark." God answered it. I then remember asking a few days before we were discharged, to just be rescued from it all. I knew it would be a slow process at home but I needed out of there. God answered.

The summer was hard and I was thankful daily for Levi but also trapped watching and worrying over how he would progress and anxious leading up to his MRI in August. Other friends experienced bad news of sick kids too.

In the fall, postpartum anxiety hit me hard again. A coworker and friend suddenly lost her husband and close friends' family or friends were getting hard diagnosis.

But Lord has been so faithful this year. It was heavy. But 2016 was so good in many ways. Every single day I thank Him for how He is still holding Levi. Levi is crawling, clapping, trying to talk, and such a good baby! Thankful for all the friends and family support through Levi's events. The girls are enjoying school. Leighton seems to be showing general interest in knowing more about God. I had more (or I took) opportunities to share the gospel at work this year then ever. I was humbled by anxiety and it increased my dependency on God yet again. And He is redeeming me through it. Friendships were deepened and my appreciation for others increased.

2017 is here. First up Levi does have another MRI in less than 2 weeks. Of course I would appreciate prayers for it to not show any malformations, other sites that could bleed or need fixing, clearing his CSF fluid good, and anesthesia would go well. As always, I enjoy praying so if you too have something please share!
thoughtful gift by a coworker who knew the girls and I go to coffee shops for the New  Year
We brought in the new year yesterday by hair cuts for the girls. Leighton chose only a trim while Sadie was insistent on a bob. 
 Then we went to a friends house for the evening. There were like 16 kids there between 5 families. It was kind of a zoo. Thankful for those people.


And according to the people's votes, these were what you all enjoyed from Instagram this year the most...

New Year's Day starting off with Wes and I participating at different times in our churches hour of prayer. It is where we all sign up for an hour of prayer each on Jan 1st every year and pray through a prayer guide. It is a great way to start the year and anyone can use prayer guide to pray today. If you don't go to Hallows then plug in your church's name. CLICK HERE


Comments

Popular Posts