Walking and Making Popsicles

Im channelling my inner Mr Rodgers as I type a part of his song "It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood, A beautiful day for a neighbor.Would you be mine? Could you be mine?…Please want you be my neighbor". Spring is happening and the sun has been shinning. The girls and I went for some walks either after I got off work down to the canal to throw rocks last week or just strolling around the neighborhood like we did today while Wes was a men's prayer breakfast. Either way, we have gotten out of the house. Sadie is beating down the door to get outside everyday. Even on sunny days, Leighton will put up a little resistance to going out and say she prefers to stay in. Once she gets outside she is usually happy and fine. Here are some pictures from getting outside these last days..

 Leighton loves climbing our tree in our courtyard and Sadie always gets bumble juice on her mouth from blowing bubbles and ends up blowing them herself.
 Leighton loves getting on all kinds of accessories. Her choice today was hat, sunglasses, and scarf.
Sadie trying to hang on to Leighton and the scooter.
Sadie loves playing in dirt, water and the little playhouse. 
 The older they get the better friends they become. I pray that continues and they always have one another. Witnessing hand hold, kisses, apologies, sympathy crying, hugs, and little conversations between them make my heart burst.
 With the weather warming up I thought it might be fun to have some cooler treat options for the girls. They love fruits so how about homemade fruit popsicles? We bought some popsicle molds at the store and then blended frozen berries, vanilla yogurt, splash of OJ, a banana, and some carrots (don't tell the Leighton). Im sure you could put anything you like in there but I was trying to sneak some veggies in too.
Have a good weekend and let me know if you have any favorite smoothie or frozen treat concoctions! The girls loved them!  



Comments

Popular Posts