I Heart Books

Who doesn't love books right? I enjoy reading to the girls, with others and alone. I've always complained "I don't have enough time to read" for one reason or another. I have learned in my old age (smile) that you have time for anything that you make a priority. Disclaimer: reading the bible is always more important. It is the only actual truth we can trust. If you are looking for something to read in addition to God's word, these are a few of the books that have been on the Moore's coffee table.  Please comment below if you have any suggestions for us!

One Thousand Gifts  by Ann Voskamp (I've mentioned this before but just wanted to throw it out there again!)
Twenty Basics Every Christian Should Know by Wayne Grudem (It is a condensed version of systematic theology and is broken up into small chapters with a few questions at the end. I am learning so much going through it with a friend but can be read alone)
Let the Nations Be Glad: The Supremacy of God in Missions by John Piper (This is what Wes is reading so ask him about it)
The Jesus Storybook Bible (Great to read to kids as each story doesn't make the other people like David, Paul or Jonah the heroes but always points it Christ)
The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller (I haven't read but Wes did and thought it would be good for singles, engaged, newlyweds or 40 year old veterans)
An Elephant and Piggie Book by Mo Williams . (And then here is Leighton's favorite series to check out at library. She memorizes the lines and usually does the Piggie part in a high voice and has Wes or I be Gerald the elephant in a deep voice. The entire series is fun and clever so Wes and I like them and they are good for early readers) 
Safe in the Arms of God by John MacArthur (my close friend's baby passed away and I bought this to read and pass along to her. I think it is has comforting words from scripture for the why questions and what happens to stillborns, newborns, and young kids who have died.) 








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts