The Circus of Sickness

Well as you may know we went to KY and TN last week. It was very nice seeing everyone but due to sickness, I would not call it a vacation. It seemed like a circus of cleaning up vomit and washing clothes, sheets, and Leighton's precious blanket. As you can see in picture above… it is tiring to be up at night with a sick kid. Leighton started with a stomach virus before we left and only began acting like herself the following Sunday. Over the week we woke up with her in the middle of the night vomiting and during the day she had diarrhea. She barely ate anything all week and I was so concerned about dehydration that I know I annoyed her by pushing any kind of liquid she would take. By Wednesday, it had spread to Kevin, then Sadie and I got it, then on to Katie and Michael. We are all recovered/recovering now I believe. We did manage to capture some pictures during the visit despite all the sickness…

First we spent time at the Moore's house….
Sadie loves her some Leighton
And Leighton is not that interested in her but loved the trampoline...
Then we went to my parents. We had not celebrated Christmas yet with my family so my mom left up decorations. It was so nice to see my nephew Connor! He is just precious and such a good, content, and big baby!

Who doesn't like a "kids in the bath" picture?
 Leighton was surprised with tickets to Barnum and Bailey Circus in Nashville. Fortunately during the circus, no one got sick and though Leighton wasn't 100%, she lit up when the elephants came out!
 The day we left, Leighton was well enough to play outside a bit….
 Sadie's little personality is beginning to show more and more…. She is a smiley, cooing little girl who lets you know what she wants when she wants it… probably going to be a little different than sister I imagine! She enjoys cuddling her little lovey rabbit at night too!

Comments

Popular Posts