Mimi, a Waterfall, and Updates

Well we are a week past Mimi's visit and a week from heading to KY and TN. Im very excited to see Connor! It has been a long 3 months. Anyway below are some pics of Mimi's visit.  I believe she had an alright time time with the girls :) 
So Wes and I tend to get a little stir crazy when we are in our 900 sq ft place all day so we decided to get out in nature last weekend. It was cold but sunny so we headed to Snoqualmie Falls for a little hike. Leighton took her binoculars of course. 
Afterwards we grab a lunch at a local cafe and let Leighton play on the town train. 
An update on the sisters: 

Sadie is 5 and 1/2 months and we are about to start solids. She smiles with her whole face which is just delightful. 
 We love when she wakes up with sleep marks. Leighton says "kiss those sleep marks off!"
 Her bottom two teeth have appeared! She enjoys bath time, tags, watching Leighton, not sitting still, and the song "Silent Night"
 Sadie's recent victory was sitting up alone!


Leighton: She has more patience than I, as she will sit and do some of her recent Christmas gifts for a while such as (my favorite) the giant jigsaw puzzle, a sort and snap, and lacing (which Sadie tried to get involved in as you can see below). She has been interested in how to spell words and read so we starting working on what sounds letters make which has been fun as well.
She still loves parks even when its cold!
And has recently lifted her feet off the ground on her balance bike! Growing up so fast!
Her favorite things are still elephants and Thomas. They took a BFF picture.
 I like it when they cuddle and when Leighton randomly steals kisses from Sadie when I'm not looking.
 
Sometimes Leighton just wants to check out Sadie's toys too...
 Whoa that was a lot of pictures! The most important thing I wanted to share was a blog that a friend sent me. She suggested we start memorizing scripture which I thought was a good idea. I loved what the author, Ann Voskamp, wrote.

A small excerpt: "What you really know by heart is what your heart really knows — and what you really live. The steady beat of His word is the only thing that gives a strong rhythm to our days.Is Jesus merely useful to you — or is He ultimately beautiful to you? When Jesus is merely useful to me, I want Him to move my world.When Jesus is ultimately beautiful to me, it’s my heart that is moved – and this begins to change the world." 

I think she said it so well!  Oh how I want/need His words branded on my heart. So if you have time read this LINK or some of her other post. They are great. And I figured since Leighton can memorize her library books that she can memorize scripture with me. It is also good accountability for me to say it out loud since she can't read yet. Join us!

Comments

Popular Posts