Find Your People!

Wes and I are so thankful for friends. We prayed before we moved to Cleveland for "old friends fast" and the Lord definitely and clearly answered. After about a year of being here, Morgan Heberle attended the church we were going to at the time with her sister. Morgan and Wes struck up a conversation (Her husband, John, and I were both working). The next week we had them over for dinner as Wes told me "we should have them over... her dad recently died.... I dont know if they have community". My cold heart responded with "if they already have a church I dont know if I have the bandwidth to invest in more relationships"....Little did we know, they did have community but were open for more! Thank goodness for Wes' compassion and ability to move toward others! They introduced us to Devon and Matt Guertin. They were in the process of planting a church closer to our home they we ended up joining . A year later the Jim and Jackie Kohl moved from Chicago to Cleveland and starting going to the kids' school and our church. The eight of us have become pretty close and it is so nice to have reliable friends.  Of course the enemy will try to attack and create jealously or harden hearts or isolation in any relationship but ultimately we know it is better to be with others than alone. We also want to be mindful we are investing in other people's lives outside of us and caring for those relationships too. I just want to thank God though for providing foundationally like-minded friends in Christ who we also laugh with! Oh and we love their kids too! 
After these years I want to make sure you know who they are! 

Wes and I, Devon and Matt, and Jackie and Jim. The Heberles couldnt make the concert to see Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. 

"Find Your People" makes me think of our Cleveland friends and God's grace to us 

And those same friends think of things your kids will enjoy. Morgan asked if the girls wanted to go see the Taylor Swift concert plying in the movie theaters. They were so excited and even chanted "Morgan is the best!" 

Mary Kohl with the girls
Devon, Mary, and Morgan with the Moore ladies


And when you have a rainy Sat night... they are friends who say "lets go bowling then hang" 

Levi tried to hand with the older boys but couldnt... 

My little people are most important to me though.... We also slipped in a quick apple picking after one of Sadie's soccer games. We made all things apples for a week or two. My favorite was the apple bundts cake with caramel icing. 




And I have kept painting! I think I like landscapes best...




 

Comments

Popular Posts