Soccer, Cross Country, Cards and Gratitude

I want to say praise God first. As you know from my last entry there were several hard weeks at the end of Aug and beginning of Sept. The Lord has been merciful and gracious and I am overwhelmed with His ability to pull me out of the pit. He has answered with sleep, decreased anxiety, medication helping, and reorienting my heart to know how loved and known I am in Him. It was all possible because of the Lord and He heard the prayers of so many friends and family. I hated asking and being so vulnerable multiple times a day but I pray you each are encouraged by God's faithfulness. There is no doubt in my mind He heard your prayers and answered in His perfect timing. I am so thankful for the support system I have had from friends all over the country who pray (and some in Brazil/India!), flowers from in-laws, ice cream gift card from coworker,  coworkers who take walk breaks with me, family who answers the phone when I call, and church community in Cleveland who will spend quality time because that is my love language and what I value most. 


The activities the kids have been involved in this fall are soccer for Sadie, cross-country for Leighton and Levi is always playing cards (mainly Uno Flip and Rat-a-Tat-Cat) or knocking on his neighbor friend's door, Theo. 

Cross country meets are early! 

The team having a carb load dinner on a Friday night before a meet.

And for one practice they ran from the school to DQ. 

Sadie's Sunday Soccer Games! The team has not won a game but Sadie has scored a goal each game which helps boost some morale. She plays hard and gives her best and for that we are proud of her! 

 

And she enjoys attending the Rocky River High School girls soccer team games too and getting to ball girl!  

 


Levi and Theo! 
Levi playing cards wherever he can with whoever!
Other random pictures from the past month! 

Sadie and I went "downtown River" for the Fall Art Festival. In her serious voice she said "I want to get some inspiration, you know?"

Leighton gave us a scare this month too. She had been complaining of stomach pain for 2 days so we took her to the pediatrician. Where she was wincing with pain when the doctor pushed was the area over her appendix. So the pediatrician sent her and Wes to the emergency department. They waited for hours before being seen and then ultrasound didn't show a clear picture of her appendix to rule out appendicitis so they did labs and a CT scan. Everything came back normal, she is doing better and no surgery was needed which we are thankful for. 










 

Comments

Popular Posts