Mema 1924- 2021

We lost the sweetest woman this week. Thgouth she was Wes' grandmother, she graciously took me as her own when Wes and I started dating (I think because of our shared love for Kentucky basketball) and she never treated me as an outsider. She welcomed all. I told her numerous times how much it meant that she sipped in as a grandmother for me as mine had passed away 10 years ago. She was remarkable going strong playing the church organ, playing golf scrambles, flying to visit family and more until the age of 96. She has been a constant presence in so many lives. She never made it about her, always serving, and was the most engaging adult with the kids (never on her phone!). She would pretend play, swing, get on the floor for cards or puzzles and have meaningful conversations with each of her great- grand kids. mema will be truly missed. We are thankful for her life and I am personally grateful to have known her for 14 years. Forever loved Mema. Everyone's favorite. 






















































 

Comments

Popular Posts