Leighton was baptized!

Leighton shared her testimony of God's story in her life tonight and then was baptized by Wes. Several other people of all ages shared and were baptized too. It was such a sweet and encouraging time of hearing how God is the Redeemer. 
Below is what she wrote and read prior to being baptized:
 
"I am growing up in a family with parents and grandparents who love Jesus, and at school I have learned about God from my teachers, and from reading the bible. 

 

But it was different at the Eve of the Eve service when Mr. Guertin said all of Jesus’ family tree was messed up. He had just read Matthew 1 genealogy. 

 

I realized I was messed up too and felt guilty for my sins. But also, happy that Jesus died for sins and happy I have been adopted into God’s family. Now I am made new to share the gospel with everyone. "






What a celebratory weekend! I had prayed for her salvation since before she was born and so cool to see a 10 year prayer answered. I pray she grows in wisdom, discernment, love for God, His Word and others. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4 Prayers for Leighton, protection from rebellion in the future, and that she use her gifts and talents to glorify God all her days. 
Grandparents were able to come, grandparents, great-grandmother, cousins, aunts/uncles and friends were able to watch only due to streaming service too. And many celebrated with us from afar when we shared her video. We are thankful for the encouragement and the many ways you all have either invested in Leighton or us in order to point us to Christ. 

A few of my coworkers from our bible study were able to come, Leighton's teacher, and her friend(s) from school. So sweet to see her and us supported in showing up, the flowers, the cupcakes, the cards, and little gifts of encouragement for her. So sweet and kind! 

Leighton and Lydia Murtha (her close friend from her current 4th grade class)



Tonight Matt also introduced that Wes was going to be going through the elder process. Prayers for him (and us) as we can feel inadequate or unfit. We know those are lies of discouragement or distraction as God doesn't want the independent/perfection but rather the dependent on Him. We have felt the spiritual warfare over the last few months after praying toward this and a marriage retreat so prayers are appreciated. 

We also had the privilege of celebrating with one of Wes co-workers this week. Angie Stein got married and we enjoyed celebrating with them and Wes and I even got a picture together (and one photo bombed by Levi) 



 

Comments

Popular Posts