The Advent Season and a White Christmas

The kids (and Sawyer) experienced two big snows in Dec... each time we got 10 -12 inches! 


The kids love decorating the tree which is always fun. This year they named the tree "Lil' Mo with the gimpy leg" from Home Alone 2. 


Mom graciously got Sawyer a stocking! 
Sawyer did good and didn't mess with any of the presents or ornaments! 
Snow days and sledding! 





Leighton had Viking Day at school! 





Sawyer does put up with a lot! Takes levi using him as a bed! 
And me dressing him in sweaters. 
Sadie's class was holding  a trial! 
We did the same daily advent reading as last year, "Come Let Us Adore Him" by Paul David Tripp.  And though it is a little deep, the kids stay engaged for the most part. I highly recommend it for all. So good. 
More squishing of Sawyer! 
Gingerbread making! We found the secret is to bake the bread on a sheet pan and then cut out the shapes, not prior or they don't keep shape. 
Love the slow days and conversations with Leighton while reading or playing games. 
Or puzzle conversations with Levi 
We spent several nights driving around looking at Christmas lights. One house even let you walk through back yard 
Both girls we able play for their school a chapel. Leighton played Silent Night and Sadie played The First Noel


Levi's pre-K class party! 

When mom and dad came to visit, the kids said they wanted lights so Papa got it going and Wes finished! 

At a local store I saw the same dishes my grandmother used to have. So I bought a set of 4 and then made her "Hello Dolly" recipe! 
I wanted to surprise my Dad with Browns tickets for Christmas. I could only afford upper level. So for better seats, he actually paid for us to have better seats. I think this makes me a good planner and a bad gift giver. Wes came too! 

The girls went to sing Christmas carols outside of the local nursing home for their residents. 
And Levi and I had too many coffee dates in Dec!
Wes and I volunteered for Sadie's Christmas party and so Levi jones. 

Now Sawyer is my coffee date. 
We played a lot of card games such as spoons and speed with the kids. 
And even used the fire place this year inside. 
This photo is not staged but so typical. Levi laid down on Sawyer and Sawyer threw his paw around Levi's neck. This happens regularly and glad I caught it. 
I still can't resist snapping a picture of them sleeping and cuddling. Such sweetness. 
Out to eat at FlipSide thanks to a gift card from Aunt Kathy! The kids (and Wes and I) like this local place. 
Christmas Eve and last candle lighting...24 candles. I am glad we didn't burn the house down though we did have a few fights over who got to blow out 
We started to see snowflakes dropping on Christmas Eve and it quickly covered the ground in time for a walk and some snow angels. 


Christmas Eve we had dinner and games at the Guertins (our pastor family's house) They are our good friends and it was nice to spend time with them and a few others since away from family on Christmas Eve. 


Christmas Morning! Stockings and taking turns opening gifts in order to spread out the fun. 
Breakfast of monkey bread and bacon. 

The only thing Levi asked for was a blue cozy robe. Can you tell he likes it? 
And his new mug! Thanks Austins. 
We filled the day with reading, games, and slowness which was just right. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts