Southern Respite

We travelled south to TN and KY mid June to change up the quarantine scenery we were seeing that was only our own house/backyard/neighborhood walk loop. It was very nice and relaxing and a sweet time with family. 

In TN we got to see Mema, Mimi and Big. The girls continued many hours of pixie dust making with chalk, we all swan at neighbors pool, caught bubbles, rainbows, took neighborhood walks, explored a creek and petted a turtle. 
 Then we traveled to KY to Grami and Papa's house. Michael and Katie and the boys met us there too. Michael brought his gator and we took it for a ride on the route we would do with our grandparents around our old church Olivet, the farm land, and spring. More slow days of family, relaxing, walks, rides, and outdoor playing.
visiting Papa's job site 
 My mom and I used to walk over these stones when I was little behind the Hopkinsville public library.
Leighton watered the flowers after Wes planted (he always gets the chores) 
cooking and the grandkids had fun dressing up Grami crazy! 
 Gator riding to the natural spring on the Hunt farm. I fell into it one time when I was here on a picnic with my grandparents
And took the girls for first time into Olivet Baptist church where I grew up going as did my parents, grandparents, and great grandparents. It is also where Wes and I met and got married. 
I forget how pretty and relaxing this view is....
On the way back to Cleveland we stopped at Michael and Katie's new lake house that is being built outside of Litchfiled. 

Comments

Popular Posts