Four Years of Wedded Bliss


July 19, 2008 (I always think it is 07/18/09 but that is just wrong) Wes and I celebrated four years of marriage. Sometimes it seems longer, like I have known him longer than 5 years total, and then sometimes it seems like it has flown by.... four  moves to four different cities and a baby all in 4 years. Craziness. Most people in Seattle are very surprised when I tell them we are 26 years old. 26 seems old to me but to most people here we are early to middle 30s. If you are married you are at least 30 and if you have a kid you are in your early 30s. I guess it is just a different culture than in the south where marrying at 22 (like we did) and having a kid 3 years after marriage is normal or even late. Interesting stuff. Anyways, we were able to enjoy a date night thanks to our friend, Melissa, who babysat Leighton. We stopped by a co-worker's couple wedding shower first, then to dinner at Moshi Moshi (sushi place in Ballard). We ended the night by watching the sunset at Golden Gardens after a little dessert from Cupcake Royale. (I had the new Blueberry Brown Betty)

Anyways here a cell phone pic of the sunset we caught the other night after dinner.....
And the flowers at my desk... Wes sent them to me at work .... sweet, right?
Thanks to all our friends and family who celebrated with us 4 years ago. We watched our wedding video that the videographers put to music the night before our anniversary. Fun times. So the next day, I told Wes to show the video to L while I was at work.  I thought she would like seeing us on the TV. Instead, her bottom lip dropped and she became sad saying "Momma". So when I got home I decided to reintroduce the video, thinking it would be okay since we were both home... nope. As soon as L heard the music she lost it into tears. She cried even though I was consoling her until we moved onto something else and distracted her thoughts.
Lesson #1 about L's personality: She is sensitive and can associate sad feelings she experiences (while songs are playing in background) with that same song later even if the situation/bad experience is removed. No more videos of Mommy and Daddy.

Here are a few good' ol throw back wedding pictures :)
great friends I miss seeing! 
the cake (and a fan because there was a heat wave that night)

dancing in the tent
post-dip
down the isle with Dad
made it official
Melissa who kept Leighton....
Melissa Perry  (I think you guys need to start putting faces with names
when I talk about my friends in Seattle) 
Leighton answering my questions about our anniversary....



Comments

  1. awww what a special day! I remember when you met wes, when he proposed and was so happy to be there on your special day!! I hope Leighton told you that Cheerio was from both of us.... :)

    Love you both,
    Ash

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts