Spring Break Post-College

       Why can't spring break be something that every employer recognizes? I miss the days in high school and college where you got a week off to go somewhere warm for vacation or just to visit family. If I had a week off right now I would be heading to New Orleans to cheer on the Cats in the Final Four! Whether UK wins #8 or not, they are still the best team this year. That is not a biased statement, just fact.  Talented young guys who play unselfish ball. They have been very fun to watch! And we did manage to get majority of the games out here in Seattle... the ones not on our antenna TV were seen by hooking up the internet to the TV :) Thank goodness for Watch ESPN 
      My mother had her spring break this week from work. I guess I could have been a teacher to get spring breaks- post college....anyways Mom and Dad came out to visit. This was not their first time out, so they were familiar with some parts of Seattle but we wanted to take them to some new areas too.
     Our week:
Cheered the Cats into the Final Four against Baylor!


Grami the Bunny Came 


Attended the Hallows Church.
        Since we have been here I have not been able to attend a worship service distraction free due to my little bundle of joy named Leighton. I am either serving in the nursery or I have had to step out of the service to deal/feed Leighton. So my mom graciously kept L at the house Sunday so I could worship and learn with Wes and my Dad. You can listen to Andrew's sermons via Podcast from the church's website. He does a great job teaching the bible. This Sunday he spoke on 1 John 3. I'm still reflecting on these truths:
  -Though I am child of God and have the nature of God within me, I am still a sinner.
  -However, I sin differently now that I have been reborn through faith in Jesus' life, death and resurrection. I do not sin peacefully but rather I am convicted.
  -It will be beautiful when Jesus appears again and I will be able to be like Him.  i.e. no more struggling with righteousness (trying to be like Christ) versus sin (selfishly being my own mini-God)  (Romans 8: 29)
Checked out a few parks: Golden Gardens, Green Lake, Snoqualmie Falls




Leighton had a taste of ice cream for the first time! 



Grandparents came to School



Went to the Zoo

           


                                                  




I had a nice 3 days off with Mom and Dad. Now Dad heads back to KY, I head to work, and Mom will give Wes a little relief this week watching Leighton! Missed you Michael! 

Comments

Popular Posts