A Jumbo 2nd Birthday Party: Dumbo Style

Well all 22 lbs of my little girl turned two yesterday! Happy Birthday also to my father-n-law, Kevin, and a few good friends, Lauren and Norah Kate! I cant believe another year as gone by since May 24, 2011. As I said before, Leighton wanted a Dumbo themed birthday party so that is what she got! We rented out a park close to our house. The workers were suppose to be at the park to open it up 30 min before the party started as we had reserved that time so we could set up. No one showed up till 5 minutes till, of course, so we quickly set up. Ive never seen my mom, Wes, and I along with my friend Melissa move that fast and efficient. Everything worked out in the end and it was nice to have Dad there to play with Leighton while we set up and talked to guests. Below are some pictures of the party....

A trip to Joanne Fabrics and an order from Amazon made getting party supplies pretty easy. 

We did cupcakes for ease and convenience along with nutterbutter cookies (peanuts for Dumbo) and some popcorn to represent the carnival. 
Dumbo books and Animal Crackers were the party favors
She blew out her candles before we finished singing Happy Birthday! Someone was ready for her cupcake :)
 The park was nice because the playground provided entertainment for the kids along with some homemade bubbles in a pool (Recipe: 1 gallon water, 2/3 cup Dawn soap, 3 tbsp glycerin) and sidewalk chalk : )

                                                  And it was nice to see her friends... I am trying to encourage her to be a hugger since I am not a hugger by design 
 Thanks for all the friends and family who could celebrate with us today! Yall are very loved.















Comments

Popular Posts