November News


Well Sadie is almost 4 months now, technically on Nov 17th, but she already had her 4 month doctor visit where she was 50% weight, 50% height.
great patient for Dr Hall until the vaccines came...
Though she is "average" (whatever that means) she still seems chunky to me because she has the rolls that Leighton did not. We are enjoying her ever changing baby self…. now reaching and grabbing toys from our hands, more giggles and smiles, attempting to sit up in bumbo seat, and extremely interested in surroundings.

Her expression here doesn't capture how much she loves the bath!

She loves to cuddle, be held, and us to be in her view. She will swing or play on floor or bouncy seat by herself but when it comes time to go to sleep, the little girl can put up a fight. Not depicted in the sweet picture below. My view majority of the time….
We are still trying to figure out what she wants, how to put her to sleep, etc. I have been doing some research and it appears she has "sleep associations" with me, feeding, etc that aren't necessarily good to create a great sleeper. Basically Sadie can not self soothe … yet. If you want to pray for us, please pray that Sadie will be calm and learn to sleep alone. Pray for patience for Wes and I  (especially Wes when I am at work) and for us to have the wisdom to know what to do as parents. She is a happy baby so don't get a bad impression of her but we do need work on sleep transition because sleep deprivation is not good for parents! It is amazing how God is using becoming parents of two kids already to teach me so much. Paul's words in Romans repeatedly reminds me that it is okay if I am not good at x,y,z. He does not care about what I can or can't do but rather my motives and heart. It has been freeing to know that, yes, I need the Holy Spirit all day every day to function as a wife, mom, daughter, missional community leader, pharmacist/co-worker, friend, and neighbor. And though I know this, just as Paul writes, my sinful flesh reverts back to needing the reminder.
She just loves her Mommy a bunch right?
My view as I walked out the door for work. Unfortunately I can not turn off my "home" brain at work so I continue to think about "hows Wes doing", "is Leighton getting enough one-on-one", "is Sadie sleeping", "how much did they eat",  and so on while I am away
Well Mom and Dad came out to visit for a week and sadly enough Leighton had a fever 4 of the days they were here. We were stuck inside with a sick girl for most of the visit. They did get to trick-or-treat with her and towards the end of the week we attended a Casper Baby Pants (great non-annoying kids songs) concert at Third Place Book Store in Lake Forrest Park….
Wes and I also snuck in a dinner date one night and a coffee date another while Mom was here. We didn't leave untill we knew both kids were asleep to make it easy on Mom and to ease my mind. Wes and I concluded that we perviously defined a date when we were married without kids as going to do something (movie, dinner, show…) but now we have determined it is just anytime you are together without the kids. He picked me up a couple times from work and left girls with Mom and we called the 20 minute car ride home mini dates : ) We went to eat at Revel which is a restaurant that I have been wanting to go to forever because it smells so good every time I walk pass. However I hadn't had the chance to even though I can see it from my house. There was a 45 min wait and Wes and I honestly had a real convo about the logistics of running to grocery and buying food we needed for a meeting the next morning to be efficient. We started to walk toward PCC because we knew we could get the stuff back home before the restaurant texted us but we fortunately stopped ourselves and said "no! this is a date we are not going to grocery." Sad that our minds went there so fast? yes. 
dinner date
People constantly ask if two kids a lot harder than one. Logically the answer is yes but I believe the advice I have been given that it gets easier as they get older is true. Anytime you are taking care of an infant it will be difficult but we are enjoying baby Sadie but looking forward to toddler Sadie playing with big sister! 
Big Sis playing campfire in her room with glow sticks

gave her braided pig tails for first time the other night
Well the world series was fun to watch even though Cardinals lost. And the Seahawks and college football are also fun to watch on the weekends but THANK GOODNESS ITS BASKETBALL SEASON! Excited about the Cats this year! I know they lost to #2 Michigan (by 4 points who can get marginally better as they are mostly seniors/juniors) but I believe that game only made me feel more confident that UK will be fine when March come around :) 
Dad did take Wes to a Seahawks game at Centurylink for his birthday where they enjoyed a nice come back against Tampa Bay. If you aren't a Seahawks fan, watch this and it may change your mind. A DVD that was made and handed out to everyone after a game called The Making of a Champion  Russell Wilson fan! Good quarterback and the lowest payed, hope he makes it to Super Bowl!


 Lastly thanks to our missional community for cleaning the streets the other day! I was home with kids but Wes and the guys had a good time I believe. Sadly the rain has knocked a lot of the colorful leaves to the ground…..(pics by Melissa)



Ok one last thing….missing these two (and Katie)! He is almost 3 months!




Comments

Popular Posts