Bring it on home BBN!

Number 8. It feels great. (I talk like I am part of the team....I cheer hard enough, I should be....) I would have given anything to be in New Orleans or even Lexington last night! Yes I celebrated with Leighton and Wes but there is just something about being surrounded by a bunch of other crazy Cats fans that makes it sweet. Honking horns, high-fiving strangers, starting random cheers in the streets.... these are just a few of the joys I missed out on last night. Not to mention my brother called me Sunday and said get on a plane because he had free second row seats for me in NOLA. Sad. No planes were available and I had to work. Glad my dad was able to use them though. He deserves to have fun.
Even though the Moore's were not physically there, we were there in spirit. Leighton was throwing up the 3 goggles, I was still doing the J. Wall dance, and Wes was doing the dougie to "I Got a Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.
She will probably resent me for this later... at least I just used tape and not a marker : ) 



My thoughts on the team, the season, the tournament, and the championship game:

All season long, we were the best team. Ill take talent over experience any day if you have a great coach. Usually I get nervous during games, but this year I can honestly say I never went into a game thinking we might lose. Those players are just too good. I know I might sound biased but they were. No one can deny that UK had the most talented players, they played unselfishly and so well together that it created an unstoppable, intimidating machine. Yes some of the games may have come within a few points of each other here and there but UK was in control. So anyway, I will miss the passion, the dunks, the blocks, the intense defense that MKG, Davis, Miller, Lamb, Teague, and Jones exhibited this season. It will be missed if they go to the NBA. I cant blame them, I would not turn down a million dollar job either. Hopefully Calipari can continue excellent coaching with a new group next year and get them to play together as well as this bunch! Ready for the 2012-2013 season! Watch out UCLA, if you do not step it up, we will pass your 11. (P.S. Kudos to Coach K for defending Calipari when people call him a one-and-done coach....he agreed he wished he had our players too : ) )

Happy to be a UK fan! Nothing like being a part of BBN and loving the greatest basketball program of all time! Keep hanging banners.

Comments

Popular Posts