Thankful for Their Schools

I think you all have heard enough, but we are thankful for all three kid's different schools. Levi enjoyed PJ day at school and talking to his OT, Christy. He also had Parent- Teacher Conference today where we talked about how cute, sweet, and awesome Levi is :) jk that sounds like a parent -to -parent conference. But we are thankful for the Experimental Educational Unit Preschool at UW and the Birth-Three Program.
Last Friday I chaperoned Leighton's field trip to see Mr Poppers Penguins and even though I hadn't read the book I enjoyed it so much. The kids had read it in class to each other so Leighton gave me an overview so I would be up to speed.
Since I took off work for the play, I went ahead and signed up to do the Thanksgiving Party for Leighton's class that afternoon! All of my volunteering goes into one day.... so we made super easy snacks: cornucopias (snack mix in waffle cones) and rice krispie pumpkin pie. The middle of the "pie" had vanilla and pumpkin spice to make it taste like pumpkin. Apple cider to drink!
Then we did pin the feather on the turkey and assembled a small book about pilgrims. Sadie came along with me to help pass out snacks and little bookmark gifts. She enjoyed being there!
Leighton's teacher, Mrs Hurst even played!
writing A- Z what they are thankful for
Ms Sadie had her Thanksgiving Pageant today! I walked past the class thankful turkey and loved seeing Sadie's answer below she gave her teachers.
Siblings supporting sister Sadie as she sang in her performance
Happy Thanksgiving!  

Comments

Popular Posts