Easter

It wasn't a typical celebration type of day for our family. We weren't with family, my parents are spending the last day in their house before they move tonight, and I worked most of the day at the hospital before evening church service. I think Wes had cereal for lunch and I took leftovers to work. There were no Sunday brunches with casseroles or waffles today.

But it wasn't a bad day. It wasn't a "bad" Easter. Can that even exist? I don't think so. You can have  a bad Halloween that doesn't go as planned or a sad Thanksgiving but you can't have a bad Easter.  You can't have a bad Easter because Easter is all about someone else. Whether we are sad, lonely, anxious, frustrated, or any other emotion due to a circumstance, it doesn't matter because Jesus still rose from the grave. If He didn't then we are walking around lost and purposeless. If He did, eternal implications. Oh Lord I pray for hearts that desire you. I pray for us to have hearts that seek you as the treasure. After all besides an eternal life in your Kingdom that is free of sin and suffering, we get God. Make us new Lord. Let us confess we need you every day with your mercy and grace. Give us a desire for your Word and your people. Amen.
Oh and by the way it was a praise worthy day, brunch or no brunch. I got a call from my brother that he got to baptize his brother-n-law today! All glory be to Christ.
Happy Easter 

Comments

Popular Posts