Five thankful years with Leighton

The girls with their cousins 
Leighton turned the big five yesterday! I can't believe I have a five year old. In so many ways I feel like she has been here forever and then in others it seems like she was that little baby. Her birthday party was planned for a couple of weeks ago while we were in the hospital. Even though I couldn't go we had already booked the place, ordered a cake and invited her classmate girl friends from pre-k and her kids ministry class at church. She was so excited she didn't want to cancel despite mom and Levi not attending and Wes having to take Sadie to the doctor that same evening.  Thankful for family and friends who pulled it off. I think she had a good time. Kelsey took pics for me so I could see everything later. And I owe all the work to my brother, sister n law and parents.


she picked a mermaid theme 

rented Ballard Playspace for party 
sweet nephew, Parker
Poor Sadie had hand, foot and mouth disease so she had to be separated from the other kids...
Wes spent 3 hours with Sadie taking her to the doctor and ended up with hand, foot, and mouth disease too :( 

I was so thankful to get to be home with her on her actual birthday. She has been such a trooper over the past month with our world flipping upside down. I had mom guilt that she was neglected and I just plain missed her. I know she was taken care of but it was so nice to be home with her to do little things like make her the coffee cake she wanted for breakfast. She had cupcakes to take to school even if I had to buy them.  And Wes did grill her ribs (favorite meat) for dinner! I just want her to feel loved. She goes with the flow and is such a sincere, intentional, thoughtful little girl. This explains Leighton personality ...we give her a card and gift yesterday and 5 minutes later she is in the kitchen making us both cards that say I love you.

Happy birthday baby! I'm excited to see how the Lord will use you as a 5 year old and beyond!


Comments

Popular Posts