Leighton's 4th Birthday Week

As you know Leighton began with her flower party last Saturday at SGA. She then had a pretty busy week. She loves celebrating anything so her birthday is especially fun. On Monday, Wes took her on a date. She said she wanted him to read her Fancy Nancy chapter book to her so they did (plus got a little ice-cream) It was so sweet watching her wait at the door while Wes went outside and rang the doorbell. She was ready with purse, book, pen, journal, hair done, and jewelry on. Set that standard and bar high, Wesley!

Tuesday we went to our normally scheduled service at Columbia Lutheran home and bowled with the elderly. It was her first time helping me keep score.

 Then on Wednesday she asked me to bake cookies to send to her preschool class. She has seen most of the kids in the class turn 4 at this point and their moms have brought in a dessert for the last 15 min of class. I had to work but Wes and Sadie got to deliver the flower cookies and watch her have a sweet, shy, and enjoyable smile on her face while the class sang "Happy Birthday".
That night the Morgado's Missional Community served the church by offering free child care from 6-830pm for parents to go on dates. Wes and I picnicked at Golden Gardens and then picked the kids up in time for us all to enjoy this sunset. Yay for free babysitting! 
Golden Gardens picnicking on a much needed date 
Sunset from Fremont Peak Park 
Thursday we tried to take row boats out on Lake Washington as the weather was beautiful but kids have to weigh 25 lbs and they weighed Sadie on a scale and she was 24.2 lbs so they said no. We were all disappointed. So all week Sadie has been saying "Sadie no ride row boat" and "Sadie finish mac and cheese to ride row boat". We still enjoyed the weather at Meriden Park/playground. We will be back UW Waterfront Sports for your row boats and I'll put rocks in Sadie's pockets next time.

Friday, Wes' friend Kevin Kennedy and his wife were in town. We enjoyed having them over and eating the famous Paseos. We took them to Gas Work Park to enjoy a view. Our family got a picture that wasn't a selfie since we had someone else to take the picture.

Over the past week she loved getting cards, gift and flowers in the mail from sweet family. Thank you all for making her feel special. She really appreciates it I know because she tells me "Awe they thought of me. How sweet." The love is felt by Leighton, I promise. Her love language right now is gift giving as she is always making things for people and enjoys thoughtful gestures.

Sunday was her actual birthday. She thought that meant we were having a "real party" on her "real birthday". I quickly reminded her of her Flower Party with friends we had last weekend as that was the day SGA had an opening. I told her the family would celebrate today. She choose to blow out candles on a coffee cake I made this morning for breakfast. She requested ribs from the Rib Guy (aka Wes) for lunch. We spent the morning playing with gifts from family, including her new bike that we took for a spin around the neighborhood. We gave her 2 board games and a clock and she was most excited about the clock :)
hugging her purple heart clock

Finished the night off at church and caught these two being sweet sisters….

Oh, Leighton , if you see this someday know I can't believe you are 4 or that I am old enough to have a 4 year old. I miss cuddling you as a newborn but really enjoy just hanging out with you now as a 4 year old. You really are a good friend and Im glad I get to do life with you. I am praying for God to draw you to Him, for you to acknowledge His love, I pray for your future husband, your relationship with us and Sadie. I pray for you to not be in the world or rebel against God. I pray that your world will big and not small or centered around people you can only see. I love you with all my heart. Thankful to know you. You are such a gem.
P.S. Shout out to Sadie who started potty training this week and doing better each day… loving getting M&Ms as a reward. We are using same method we did with Leighton HERE. 


Comments

Popular Posts