90 Never Looked So Good

 Happy Birthday Mema! Today Wes' grandmother turns 90 years old. And I agree with the cake, it never looked so good. She lives alone, drives, plays golf, gardens, visits family, plays with the girls, sends us mail, and is more with it than most people… at any age. I knew we would hit it off when I first met her in 2007 when Wes took me to his hometown one weekend and I found out she shared the same love for the Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball team...We bonded. Also prior to meeting Mema I had lost Gran (my mom's mom) and then a couple years later I lost Ma (my dad's mom). She has definitely been another grandmother to me and for that I am forever grateful! So I hope there are many more birthdays celebrating you Mema!
We flew home Friday and surprised Mema for her birthday weekend. Everyone in her family came to TN to celebrate. That was her one wish… the whole family together. Mema you got it. They said it was  the first time in ~7 years that everyone had been together. And if that is the case then Leighton, Sadie and I definitely weren't there. So happy to be apart this time!

The flight there is all smiles… coming home on Monday after getting up at 3am… our group was  little cranky


 Wes and his cousins re-inacted a old photo. It was pretty comical watching them get into their poses… now if only they had put on similar outfits as their childhood. Next time.
 Katie and Marc also flew in from TX to surprise Mema.
 Hanging out at Connie's…thanks Connie for all the hospitality!
 Mema and all her great-grandchildren...
Mema and her 3 daughters who hosted the party! 
 When the girls weren't saying "mommy" (they were a little clingy) at my feet, they manage to socialize some…

One of my favorite things was watching Leighton interact with her cousins especially sweet Laney Dove.
 At this point, the girls were done with pictures! Happy Birthday again Mema from the Moore's!


Comments

Popular Posts